Friday 2 October 2009

exciting commission!

When I was in Edinburgh last week,I received an exciting commission thanks to gil and the little bead shop! I have been asked to design and make a cuff and necklace based on the beautiful ceiba trees,specifically of south America. They are stunning,majestic creatures and some species have the most beautiful vivid red flowers. This is such a great opportunity for me,I usually work almost entirely free form so it is good for me to work in a more disciplined manner. The bad news is I said I could complete it in around three weeks! I'm not sure what I was thinking, perhaps I was drunk on beads?! So I have cracked on with the cuff but am now awaiting wrist measurements before I can preceed too much further. Eek! I am going try and post some photos from my camera although I fear I may not be able to achieve this...

1 comment:

Dinky Daisy said...

Congratulations, it is sometimes nice to work to a brief focuses the mind.:-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails