Wednesday 25 November 2009

Edinburgh Beaders



Hello again! So little time, so many blog entries - I don't know what's going on! I have decided to do an entry enthusing about some of my friends' beady goodness. Top picture is the VERY talented Emma Baird's wonderful lampwork beads. Emma (based at The Little Bead Shop in Edinburgh) came 2nd in the British Bead Awards - 2 Edinburgh winners, yay! - with her lovely piece, Shield of Light - but also had these beads short-listed and displayed at the Big Bead Show last month. I think they are absolutely breath-taking and can't believe they didn't come top of the show! I want them for my very own...


Next up is ANOTHER Edinburgh beader - Jane Lock - based at the other Edinburgh bead shop over on the other side of town. It's very near my Mum's house so I popped in when I was back home-home at the weekend and she showed me not only her gorgeous Laura McCabe Geo Floral Beaded Bead but this STUNNING bracelet of hers which is her own original design. It looks pretty cool in this picture I've pinched from her blog but honestly, you have to see the thing in real life! It's awesome! I've never seen anything quite like it - gorgeous!

2 comments:

Jane Lock said...

You've made my day! And guess what? Beadwork have said 'yes' to one of my designs! I think you may be my lucky charm. Are you up for that? x

Rebecca said...

Oh definitely! And that is BRILLIANT news!!! Congratulations. I haven't quite had the guts to send anything over the seas yet so I am V V impressed!! Can't wait to see you in Beadwork print!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails