So, the Fusion Beads challenge....here's how it went for me! Just a quick note in point - I have mislaid my camera...so all these photos were taken with my phone and uploaded via BlogPress. The photos are often very poor quality but if you click on them that should improve them slightly!
I was one of the folk who requested an extension as my Fusion bead hadn't arrived by the due date; in fact, they came a week ago. And my owl clasp hasn't arrived yet! I think I need to email and see if/when that one was sent out as it normally takes only a matter of days to get things posted out. I am pretty sure it was Christmas that did it! So, no owl clasp here - but I have used an Andrew Thornton charm instead to keep the Thornton family theme :-) .
When I placed my order, they were all out of leaves so none of them either...and, I have a confession...I lost the leather cord. I did have it, but when I was going through my beads last night (last night OF COURSE, why can I never do anything before the very last minute?), the leather wasn't with them. So no leather. But, I have added lace, wire, findings and the Andrew Thornton charm, nothing more. I'm pretty pleased!
I used the little gold drops to wire wrap around a large jump ring I had. I am really pleased with the effect (I have quite an obsession with loops and circles at the moment which my earring challenge has really shown!) although it took ages as each tiny bead needed double wrapping due to the size of the holes.
I am still experimenting with the exact construction of this cuff but when it's on, it looks great! In my humble opinion at any rate :-) can't wait to see everybody elses designs, please hop over to Lorelei's Blog to see the whole list of participants (I'll turn this into a link later, on blogpress and haven't worked out links from here as yet...). Thanks Lori for a fab challenge once again, so glad I could join in this time around!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad.