Thursday 27 October 2011

October abs

Finally, an entry to the challenge. Polymer hedgehog, treewingstudio, lampwork, pinocean. See abs blog for full details.
It's soooo late here....I'll edit this in the morning.


***Update 27.10.11 (8.30am rather than 12.50am!)***

So, I'm feeling rather more awake now than I was last night! I cannot take the late nights anymore....First thing I did this morning was edit those photos, give them a nice vintage patina, turn them into a collage, and......


...voila!

Much prettier than last night when I was literally falling asleep on the laptop. Which might also have had something to do with the fact that we had had friends round that earlier, cooking us an amazing from scratch curry, with lots of prosecco. Sure that was only a small part of it though....

I've used a sweet hedgehog bead, bought especially for the challenge (I then realised at 11.00pm last night that the deadline was the 26th! And I hadn't started...) from Rebekah Payne of TreeWingsSttudio. Firstly, I have ALWAYS wished that my name was spelled like that. And secondly, her beads are absolutely gorgeous! I'm not sure how I stumbled across her; it was only a month or so ago, but I've already placed two orders with her (the second for this very hedgehog) and her beads are simply tiny pieces of art; unique and very, very sweet. 

You don't really have to do much with a bead that pretty, so I kept it simple, wiring up some wooden rounds from Magpie Beads and a wooden ring (also from Magpie), to which I added some tiny lampwork beads from Pinocean, in lovely Autumnal colours. To stop them falling off their headpins, I added some wee copper spacers, and this had the fortuitous effect of making them look like tiny acorns! Well, to me at least ;-) Because the hedgehog is pretty petite, I thought he looked a bit swamped by the acorn ring, I gave him some little beads of his own to balance it out. And there you have it, a sweet and simple bracelet, ready in the nick of time for the ABS October challenge!Can't wait to see what everyone else has come up with :-)

7 comments:

SoulsFireDesigns said...

Ooh! I love that! It's beautiful, the texture is wonderful and the colors are so soft and warm!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Love the large ring with the dangles!

Mary Harding said...

Delightful. Love the large rings too.

Christine Altmiller said...

so sweet and whimsical! i can't stop smiling when i look at it :-D

Malin de Koning said...

That bracelet is just perfect Rebecca! YUM!!!!!

Oh, I love Rebekah's little pieces of art also. I've got four or five from her. Haven't put them in anything yet though.

Jo said...

Ooh! I like this LOTS! Such a cute hedgehog - and can I spy a touch of red and turquoise!?

Kylie Parry Studios said...

I LOVE this!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails