Tuesday 22 February 2011

ABS February Challenge

Finally, I have got my ass in gear and entered an ABS challenge! When I saw the glorious John Singer Sargent picture at the start of this month,



I knew I had to try (in fact, I'm thinking of getting a print to put in our flouse - isn't it just such a glorious work of art?) but didn't know if I would manage what with Into the Woods and everything. However, yesterday I knuckled down and came up with both a necklace and a bracelet!



The big Czech faceted rounds are perfect for this in my humble opinion because they really do have the same glow and luminosity that the JSS has. I totally haven't captured them well in a photograph (I really struggle with necklaces - anyone else have the same issue??) and I will keep going with that one, but for now you can get a rough idea of what I've managed. I've used MissFickleMedia flowers in both pieces, and added a sweet clay Gaea bead to the bracelet. The lace is pretty old and a little stained with age - I would say it adds to it's vintage charm but let's be honest, it would be nicer if it wasn't stained!! Other than that I am very pleased, so much so that I have both on today. Let me know what you think! And any name suggestions......I've got one in mind but it might be a little random....I thought of calling the necklace The Art Teacher after an absolutely wonderful Rufus Wainwright song of the same name (on his album Want 2). He sings about how (the protagonist's) art teacher took them to the Metropolitan Museum and how he liked the John Singer Sargents. I kind of like random!

Speaking of names, thanks to those of you who took the time to come up with suggestions for my pieces in this post. I really liked all of them and haven't decided which ones to go with (I will let you know) but I would like to send each of you who wrote a litte gift of some beads....including some art beads....so email me your addresses to andersonrebecca [@] mac [dot] com. And thanks to you all!!

5 comments:

LUCY said...

Por fin, puedo entrar, fantàstico trabajos......ahora no sè si vas a poder leer este comentario, acaba de abrirse una ventana donde dice que internet no permite que vea tu blog........pero si lo consigues leer un besote......no te he olvidado....lo intento todos los dìas.......

My Life Under the Bus said...

I love these of course they sre from Missficklemedia! So pretty.Apple says he has always wanted to travel to England and wouldn't mind "assisting you" during his visit. I'll have his people call your people. XO

Cindy said...

Rebecca, what a beautiful rendition for this month's ABS challenge - it has that romantic, vintage feel. Those flowers from Missficklemedia are just gorgeous! I thought of you today as I was flipping through some past issues of Beads & Beyond and saw some of your work! :-)

Shyme said...

Absolutely beautifull jewelry!

Shyme said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails