Sunday 29 May 2011

The gun has been well and truly jumped...

Ok, so I admit it...I made a bit of a hasty exit from Blogger and jumped in at the deep end with Wordpress and have had to get out of their pool for the time being! Wordpress might be prettier (and actually seems easier for a few things too) but customising your blog isn't one of them. Or at least not to me. I am fairly hopeless with computers and when they don't do quite what I want them to....I want to throw them out of the window....not very helpful I'm sure. All I want to do is enter HTML and put in Google Friend Connect!! Is that such a bad thing to ask? So frustrating. So I'm going to hang around here at blogger and just let my wordpress skills come along in their own time...

It feels like ages since I've blogged and I must admit that's partly because Wordpress has been putting me off. It's been a pretty busy couple of weeks though, and not the best - the funeral I went up to Skye for was beautiful but very, very sad. It was a Humanist funeral; very moving and right on the water in such an idyllic and peaceful setting. One of those occasions when I felt it was so important to be there and be part of it - to support my dear friends who had lost their child, a wee boy who had been born prematurely and didn't make it. I am not great with really expressing how I feel about things in words so I won't even try; needless to say, it was a very emotional, exhausting few days but in a way I felt privileged to be part of it and to be able to celebrate the precious and beautiful if tiny life. Goodness knows I hope none of us have to do anything like that again.

Since we have returned from Skye, I have felt pretty flat and unmotivated but with a school concert on Thursday evening, I had to get my ass in gear and get on with life. It's now half term from school (not my college course however) and I have been playing around with some Vintaj blanks and a new stamping kit I bought from my local bead shop and really enjoying what I've come up with - or the process at least! Here are a couple of pendants I created today



not quite how I would like them but I think this idea has bags of potential. What you can't really see is that I hammered a similar pendant behind (no script though, just texture) and added a few little sheets of paper in between to create tiny 'books'. Any thoughts or tips from those who have dabbled in mixed media for longer than I? I'm certainly excited as to where this new branch of creating may take me. I like the wonky script, colour and potential for total personalisation and customisation (can you see that I like my classic fictions?!).

Hope you are all well and my blog jumping around won't confuse too many!

3 comments:

My Life Under the Bus said...

Hey Rebecca - nothing more aggrivating then a computer issue : (. So sorry or the parents of the little one - I agree no one should have to go thru that ever - I am sure their grief is unbearable. XOXO

Unknown said...

I know how you feel! But look at what you created in the midst of feeling unmotivated! These are really wonderful little plaques and I like how unique your sayings are.

Bonnie said...

I'm experimenting with the punch too - love being able to express thoughts into real words.

Losing a child leaves a permanent hole in your heart - so sorry for all.

Throwing computer out the window sounds like so much fun but the prob still is there and now computer is really sick...

http://bbonnieblue.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails