Sunday 27 January 2013

Curious Bead Shop Update!

So, it's somehow been a busy week in the land of Songbead and The Curious Bead Shop. One of those weeks that feels busy, but you're not quite sure what you've achieved come the end of it.....

One of the most exciting events was my new order of beads for Curious. It wasn't quite so prolific as I had hoped - my supplier was out of stock of quite a few things I had ordered - but I did a good restock yesterday, and also got 5 new beads in. Some beauties, I'm sure you'll agree!

From left to right, clockwise:


I've got to say, although I like them all (well, that goes without saying - everything in The Curious Bead Shop is hand picked by me - I'm surely not going to pick anything I don't like!), I am particularly drawn to both Purple Rain (this cut is just stunning!), and Urban Landscape. I love the mossy look the green splash gives these small but very useful beads. They remind me of the type of wild life that grows on an abandoned industrial estate - hence the title I gave them - the really sturdy and stubborn plants that grow, often upwards, whatever the conditions are! I could see these, and Coal Dust, in some edgy, very contemporary designs. 

What is you favourite out of my new beads? What is your favourite colour of bead to buy?

Hope you're all having a great weekend!


5 comments:

Heidi Post said...

I like the two black ones the best. I don't recall seeing any like that yesterday, but then I was overwhelmed to say the least! Very lovely beads all :)

Unknown said...

I too love the black/grey metallic ones - they look stunning.

The others are gorgeous, but I think I would need to have something in that colour purple to go with it but thats because I am a total beginner and don't have a clue

Unknown said...

Miss Havisham for me, as I live in a tree and the slices of nuts this appears to be is quiet delectable to my palette.

Adaptable Kay said...

I'm definitely with you on your bead picks; Purple Rain because I love, love, LOVE purple and of course the Urban Landscape beads because they are quite stunning!

I can see those incorporated into a beautiful earthy design :)

SoulsFireDesigns said...

Purple rain... but they are all gorgeous!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails