Saturday 4 September 2010

New Items in my Folksy Shop!

I've spent this afternoon photographing and uploading onto Folksy. I was going to have a go with Etsy as my shop there has very much lapsed (can it be lapsed if it never got off the ground to begin with?!) but I really struggle with the photo size. Mine are always (and I mean ALWAYS!) too big and I don't know how to make them smaller - ie under 2MB. They seem to either be huge or really poor quality. I'm having a bit of an experiment with emailing myself some photos at the moment but I fear it may be fruitless...we'll see! If anyone has any tips at shrinking photos on a MacBook, they will be gratefully received! I'll let you know how I get on, IF I get on. 

For the time being, here are my Folksy items...
























Hope you like, let me know what you think! Hope you're all having a grand old weekend. 

6 comments:

DVArtist said...

Wow I love you new peices. These photos are fabulous. How did you size them down for your blog? It is the same for etsy.
Nicole/Beadwright

Nicki said...

I don't really know how to size them down - mine are just coming in below 2MB usually. When you crop them, there is a way how to delete cropped areas though, which should reduce the size as well.
I love every piece you showed here. The earrings are gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

There's a really good tool called Gimp that tuns on Macs (and it's free!) that allows you to modify photos before you you upload them. You could always try saving the photo at a lower quality resolution (but not too low!) to reduce the size.

Pretty Things said...

I love the beads you're using!!!

LUCY said...

Unas piezas bellisimas, muy bonitas......

Eve Smith said...

Wow loving the new pieces, keep up the good work,x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails