Saturday 21 April 2012

O Were My Love Yon Lilac Fair

For my Wrapped, Stacked and Layered post see here



A couple of people have asked to hear me singing....well, I should firstly say this is NOT me singing (!), but it is the piece I composed for my wedding a year and a half ago. It starts a few seconds in so you miss the first phrase, and as it's live, the second soprano entry isn't quite right.....but after that you can hear it fairly well! My wee Mum sings at the end, bless her cotton socks :-)
I keep thinking about doing more composing at the moment - the project I was working on down in London this week (performance on the 11th May in Manchester) has whetted my appetite for contemporary music theatre. I am scaling down my teaching work as of June - a scary thought but I think a necessary one for me to move forward in terms of my musical career and having time to devote to practice and hopefully composing. Watch this space....

1 comment:

Heidi Post said...

That was beautiful! I still want to hear you sing - but I'm very impressed that you composed that! I hope you will succeed in your musical endeavors (just so long as you keep making jewelry ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails