Friday 7 December 2012

Desk Disaster...

Lord help me and my messy ways....here's my new beading station. A brand new spot for me to sit and create....and already it looks like this! I've tried to make it vaguely artful with the help of Instagram, but really. It is just.a.mess.

After my December Begins post, my body finally have in, sent me to the GP and told me to take a week off work. So for once, I listened, and have been trying to rest a little. I sent off a huge load of jewellery to Funky Aardvark in Chester on Thursday however and am now horribly low on stock....so I'm cranking out the jewels. Or trying to at least! My brain is definitely slow and fuzzy right now. But I'm doing my best - 2 more craft fairs left to go, 16th in Altrincham and 22nd at Spitalfields, London. I will try and have some photos to share with you tomorrow!

What are you up to this wintery night?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

So sorry to read that you've worked yourself to standstill. Hope you are able to re-charge your batteries soon, and feeling much better. Take good care of yourself.

I adore you messy desk - I can see so much lusciousness - I am green with envy and would happily be a 'cleaning fairy' for you - shame I live a bit too far away

KJ said...

Well the messy space must work for you. I wouldn't be able to find a thing!

Cassi said...

Good that you got to the doctor, I hope you'll be able to get fully well.

I'd enjoy sitting down at that desk, but not to work, just to browse through your beads :-) Beads are so seductive.

AliMc said...

So glad to see I'm not the only one with a workspace that looks like that! I keep cleaning it up, and then I sit down to work and it looks like that again, lol.

Hope you feel better soon.

The Crazy Creative Corner said...

My dad used to have a sign that said "A clean desk is a sign of a sick mind!" I must have taken that to heart because I'm pretty sure my desk could give yours a run for it's money. I'd blame the Bead Gremlins but I believe we all know the REAL culprit! (hahahaaaa!)

Prządka said...

What a creative mess in this photo... I think every jewelry maker knows it very well :) Regards!

Alice said...

I once had a boss that told me 'an empty desk means an empty mind'. I think it might be true for bead tables.....at least I tell myself that.

I'm glad you are following doctor's orders. You'll need to be well for the upcoming shows and all the holiday hubbub!

Best of luck, and I hope you are back to normal in no time.

Jess Green said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who works in this kind of 'creative chaos'.

I hope your rest will help you re-energise for the rest of the holiday madness :)

Sharyl said...

My area has looked very similar for the past year, but I'm in the middle of a major reorg. Hope I can find where I'm putting everything! Best wishes and good health to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails