Wednesday 12 December 2012

Gossiping Goddess and Cheeky Cherub Designs Challenge - Reveal


A while ago, Lesley Watt, the Gossiping Goddess herself, challenged some of us to take rogue beads from Kaz of Cheeky Cherub Designs - lampwork orphans and lonelies - and create something with them. Today is the reveal! 

I wasn't sensible enough to take a shot of the bead by itself. So you'll just have to see what I turned it into! It is such a striking focal, I decided to make a long, chain pendant with it. I played around with a few things, and then I found this indigo washed brass wing I've had for forever from Miss FickleMedia - I think it may even be one of a pair, I should see if I can look the other one out....and somehow, they just worked together. Quirky and striking. I also had a few briolettes already wrapped, and picked out a dyed chalcedony (the larger of the two), and then dug around for some carnelian to wrap to go alongside it. A long length of chain, broken up by a Bo Hulley bead and a tiny orange lampwork nugget from Radiant Mind (I think they have changed their name a few times, and unfortunately I can't find them online anymore!. 


I've tried to include quite a few shots really showcasing this amazing bead. You can see the layers of petals inside here. It really is a beautiful piece of work! What a privilege it was to work with. 
 One of the reasons I wanted to keep it as a pendant like this was so that when being worn, all the detail can be seen - you can look down through those orange petals and turn the bead around. None of the beautiful detail need be lost. 
 And the blue petals here, layered on the outside. 


Check out the others who are playing along!

Thanks to Lesley and Kaz. 








Sharyl Macmillan-Nelson - http://sharylsjewelry.blogspot.co.uk/



Caroline Dewison - http://blueberribeads.co.uk/











28 comments:

Heidi Post said...

Wow you got a gorgeous bead! I love what you did with it, and that you've really made it the focus. Perfect!

Unknown said...

lovely! Great bead und wonderful work!!! Hugs, Doris

Niky Sayers said...

Really beautiful I love the wing it looks fab!

Unknown said...

This is absolutely darling -a real treasure and I love your use of the wing and the way you have added the beads - so original - off to check out your list of links

Lesley said...

Great work Rebecca - very striking. Thanks for joining in the challenge.

baymoondesign said...

What a wonderful necklace! Kaz's bead is amazing. You did it justice.

scotknit said...

Well done, again! Fabulous bead, fabulous end product! (If it's ok to call a creative work an end product . . .)

Caroline said...

Beautiful! I love the whole design, but especially the colour of the Chalcedony... it matches the bead perfectly x

SmittenBeads said...

Gorgeous Rebecca, as ever I love it! I see feathers in the beads so great to tie it in with the wing. Claire xx

Alice said...

What a fun challenge. That lampwork bead is gorgeous with all those lovely colors and I'm glad you used it as part of the focal. Your piece is absolutely beautiful. I love the colorful little 'extras' you tucked into the piece.

Unknown said...

Rebecca, I really love this bead and you did an incredible job highlighting all of it's beauty!

Alicia Coats said...

What a lovely necklace! Radiant Mind closed their Etsy shopt, but you can find them here:

https://handmadeartists.com/shop/RadiantMindBeads

http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/studio/beadsandbotanicals

http://beadsbot.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I am a big fan of your work and again you designed a true winner. Beautiful design elements for a truly amazing bead. Love the colors!

Unknown said...

What a fabulous bead!!! I love what you have done with it absolutely beautiful!!

sandysewin said...

Oooo, what a pretty color combo. Thanks for showing the orange end of the bead, gorgeous. I love the asymmetrical look.

Libellula Jewelry™ said...

Beautiful necklace with great colors--the chalcedony and carnelian really bring it together.

bo hulley said...

It's wonderful! xx

lamplight crafts said...

Pretty.

Purple Cobwebs said...

Love the bead, and what you've made. x

Kari Asbury said...

I love what you did with this bead! The addition of the wing and striking way you put it all together...fantastic!

A Polymer Penchant said...

Oh my if that design doesn't show off a spectacular bead from every angle, I don't know what does! Beautiful as always

Unknown said...

You are so right, the design you came up with showcases that bead wonderfully. It is simple and elegant, and so very wearable. Great job!

Alicia said...

OMG, that bead is beyond words! Such a beauty - both the lampwork, your design and the pictures to show them both off. Simply wonderful!

Jen Crossley said...

Gorgeous work so beautiful

Linda said...

This is an amazing bead and you did it proud! btw Radiant Mind/Beads and Botanicals is alive and well, but no longer on Etsy, (long story). You can find them here: http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/studio/beadsandbotanicals
and here:
http://thelampworkbeads.com/

CraftyHope said...

This is really fabulous! That bead is absolutely striking and the simplicity of your design really does it justice. You really rocked this!

Unknown said...

Beautiful beads and beautiful photos!

Crafty Green Poet said...

this is lovely! I've enjoyed browsing your blog, so many nice pieces of jewellery!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails