Friday 19 August 2011

Allegory Gallery Design Team

Well, this week I've been privileged to receive some very good, and very exciting news. I am one of twelve  jewellery designers selected to be part of Andrew Thornton's Allegory Gallery Design Team. 



Whoa.

This is a *serious* honour! 

If you don't know Andrew and his beautiful work then firstly, you should, and secondly, hop over to his thoughtful, reflective and inspirational blog right.now. And then check out his big cartel shop and see some of the unusual and pretty beads and elements he has for sale.

If you haven't been following his gallery journey then do read back a few posts to get filled in on the picture and follow his dream as it goes from just that to a reality. I blogged a few days ago about the fundraiser programme that Andrew has started. You can tell just from reading Andrew's posts that this is going to be a special place, and I'm chuffed and thrilled and honoured to think that I will play even a small part in it! 

The Design Team are a small group of diverse jewellery designers and we'll be working with Allegory Gallery elements on a monthly basis, coming up with new, unique and (hopefully!) inspirational designs that we will share with our readers. So excited. (Did I mention that already?!) I love working to a brief or with set elements - I find it really focuses the mind. 

Please check out these other designers on board - such an eclectic and wonderful group to be a part of! Thank you, Andrew. 


7 comments:

steufel said...

As is said before: Congrats:-) So happy for you!

Barbara Bechtel said...

YAY! That is so exciting!

TesoriTrovati said...

I am so very excited for you and all the other designers, Miss Rebecca! I can't wait to see what you all do! Enjoy the day.
Erin

Malin de Koning said...

Huge congrats Rebecca! I am very much looking forward to see what will be coming out of your hands, and the other team designers too. How exciting!

CraftyHope said...

I'm so, so excited for you and the rest of these talented designers. Congrats!! I'm on pins and needles to see what happens next and what each of you create! Best wishes on this new honor!

Heidi Post said...

Congrats again! I'm so happy for you - I know you'll do wonderful things with whatever Andrew sends you. Wonderful turquoise things ;)

Jo said...

That's wonderful Rebecca! Congratulations! I'm really looking forward to seeing what lovely goodies he sends you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails