Wednesday 24 August 2011

Sabrina and Rebecca's Bead Soup

Sabrina's soup has arrived! She's going to blog about it tonight I think. She says she already has loads of ideas...eek! I better get started. I will post my pictures of her soup but I'll wait until after she has revealed it later today. Until then, there's a sneak peek on this wee button....you can see we went for similar colours! Sabrina's beautiful beads are on the right, and some of the soup that I sent is on the left. Elise Canning rose, pre-war ceramic flowers from an unknown Scottish artist.

I've decided to do a link so it's easy to find our Bead Soup posts - check out my ungainly button to the right-hand side of my blog! I am soooo not computer savvy; I thought about trying to do a lovely tab at the top of the page like so many of you have....couldn't work that out....then I thought of doing a button - well, I have worked that out (probably in the most round about way but as long as you get there in the end, right?) but it's a bit too big for my side bar. Not sure how to fix that.....but it still does the trick! Here is the button I created:


Obviously, I can't work out how to make this picture a live link....but if you click the one on the side bar, it will take you to all the posts relating to Sabrina and my particular Bead Soup Swap.

Whilst I'm here, I'd like to also say a massive thank you to the wonderfully wonderful Lori Anderson. Wow. She is a force of nature! I can't believe just how much work she's putting in - every time we do a Bead Soup Swap but especially this time around with not only 360+ participants but also so much on her personal plate. We really appreciate everything that you do Lori! THANK YOU. Lori recently received her own personal bead soup - check that out here.

If you're participating in the Bead Soup Swap, I hope you're having as much fun as I am :-)

2 comments:

Heidi Post said...

You're so right about Lori. She must have at least 5 clones of herself she's not telling us about!

I can't wait to see the rest of what you sent her - but I recognize what I'm seeing in the little sneak peek! That's a great idea you had to make the button with the links to all of your BSBP posts!

Pretty Things said...

Aw, thanks!

And to make a tab, you need to make a page -- I think you go to make a post, and you'll see "make a page" and click that instead. Email me if you need help.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails