Thursday 18 August 2011

A trip down Etsy's yellow brick road...

My attempts at photography have been blighted - blighted I tell you! - by the damned rain. We seem to have left summer behind in July and June :-( I love the summer, everything seems better when the sun shines. 

So instead of a post filled with my own photos, I have decided to share some of my favourite pieces of jewellery, from some of my favourite people on Etsy - some new finds and some old friends.

First up, a necklace I've had my eye on for a while from my lovely friend Heidi of ExPostFactoJewelry.


Heidi has combined some of my favourite elements - namely, sari silk and MissFickleMedia patinated links! Beautiful. I have never bought any Golem beads but I will. One day. 


Next, some beautiful earrings. In fact, this post is going to be mostly about the earrings! I absolutely love earrings - can't get or make enough of them. If I go abroad, I usually try and get a pair to remind me of my trip.  

But back to these earrings. Here are some from my dear friend Malin, in Sweden. A Mildly Wild Fusion.


Can you spot the connection? Yes, Malin is also a MissFickleMedia fan. Who isn't, quite frankly?

Next, a new 'discovery' of mine. Melinda Orr of ORRTEC. She makes some totally awesome jewellery, and elements too - I've got some beautiful patinated charms on their way to me. (Missed her Bead Fest sale though. By ONE day. Drat!) 


How could I resist the turquoise and red? (I couldn't). They'd look pretty great with Heidi's necklace, no?



So, the reason I 'discovered' Melinda's stunning work, is that Lori of Studio Waterstone has started putting buttons on her website. She's also started making these *gorgeous* recycled leather cuffs. If I wasn't super skint (I really and truly am...) then I would have one of these winging their way to me as well. Alas not. 


Pretty, no?


Back to the earrings. My lovely friend Stefanie makes very beautiful pieces; like Malin, Heidi, and me, she's a big fan of recycled sari silk. You've probably seen some of her lovely silk bracelets around the place, or read her interview on JewelryAccord. (Check out Malin's too. And Melinda's!) But I think these earrings are very sweet, despite the lack of silk :-)


And now to some earrings that I actually own. These are show.stoppers. And, as I'm a short necked girl (an Anderson family failing), they very much sit on my shoulders. But, I *love* them. So glad I splashed out. Gorgeous elements and beautiful colours.


Made by *guess who*? First one to guess correctly wins a prize :-)


I hope you've enjoyed my little trip down Etsy lane. What have you got your eye on at the moment?


6 comments:

Green Shoot Jewellery Designs said...

They are gorgeous! I was thinking you made the earrings actually :-)
Deb x

Heidi Post said...

OMG not only do I know those are majestic creations by the brilliant Shannon LeVart, I had favorited them on etsy and was sad when I noticed they'd been sold! hahahaha

I will totally get some of those seaweed things (or whatever she had named them) and make some for myself.

Thank you so much for featuring my necklace! You know I feel the same way about sari fabric and turquoise too. I'm really digging those earrings by Melinda Orr as well. Such a privilege to be mentioned in the same company as Malin & Stefanie and these other talented jewelry artists. Thanks ♥

And you must post a photo of yourself wearing the show stoppers as soon as you get some good light back!

Malin de Koning said...

Rebecca, I love this post! It is so great to follow your thoughts on design windling here and there. And Such great pieces you have picked too. All of them. I am honoured to be in the company. But also sort of chocked and surprised when a picture of mine appears as I scroll down the article. Thank you very much.

All my best dear friend,
Malin

Cillaw said...

Missfickle of course!
Cilla
www.tellyourgirlfriends.com

steufel said...

Oh Rebecca, thank you so much! *blushing* I feel so honored to be in such a collection. And you Missfickle-Earrings are really a showstopper:-) I'm really sad that I have problem with wearing earrings. I think that is the reason I make only a few.

Palimpa Lim said...

So many soul sisters here ;) I had an eye on Shannons earrings, too, hearted them on etsy, too and - believe it or not - was disappointed when I saw that someone had purchased them :D
But I am really glad to see that you were the one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails