Wednesday 4 January 2012

Holiday Ornament Swap

So here at last are mine and Jen's posts....better late than never. Sally Russick (formerly of Wireworked and now of The Studio Sublime) organised a swap just before Christmas, and sadly the holiday post held up Jen and my ornaments until this last weekend! They arrived within days of each other which was good. 

Jen made me this most beautiful, crocheted flower decoration. It's so pretty - all shades of mauve, deep lavender, plum - and completed it with hand crafted spiral decoration and hook. There is no light in our flat at all but I've tried to really capture the colours and textures in these photos. We have decided to keep it up all year round, it's so lovely - it's clipped onto a vase we have with dried lavender so it goes very nicely. A little reminder of all we've been through these past few days; lavender seems an apt plant to attach this to. 



Here it is, on my old bureau. It's in the hall upstairs, between the kitchen (to the left) and our bedroom, so we will see it many times every day. 

Jen was also kind enough to send me an amazing stash of beads alongside her beautiful decoration - I have really been spoilt! We are in the midst of some full on wintery dark storms here, so my photos of the stash were deemed definitely not good enough for this post....I aim to try again later on and add to this. But THANK YOU Jen for your wonderful generosity.


Please check out Jen's post here, Sally's new, beautiful blog here and the other folk taking part (blog reveal was officially the 17th December) listed below. Thanks for your patience Sally in bearing with us. 

1. Sally Russick   The Studio Sublime
2. Kim Hora   KimmyKats
3. Kathleen Lange Klik   Modern Nature
4. Susan Kennedy    Sue Beads
5. Jenny Davies-Reazor    The Art of Jennifer Davies-Reazor
6. Christine Altmiller    One Kiss Creations Beaded Jewelry
7. Jeanette Blix Ryan   Jeanette Blix Metal and Wire Jewlery
8. Holly Westfall  Silver Rose Designs ~ Handcrafted Jewelry
9. Mallory Hoffman   For the Love of Beads
10. Tamara Soper  Handcrafted Baubles by Tamara
11. Rebecca Anderson  Songbeads
12. Jen Velasquez   Jenn Judd Rocks
13. Jennifer L Justman   Souls Fire Designs
14.  Sandi Volpe  Sandi Volpe Handcrafted Jewelry
15.  Melissa Meman  Melismatic  Eclectic Art Jewelry
16. Hope Smitherman  Crafty Hope
17. Patty Gasparino  My Life Under the Bus
18.  Cindy Wimmer  Sweet Bead Studio
19. Erin Prais-Hintz  Tresures Found/ Tesori Trovati Jewelry
20.  Alice Peterson  Alice Dreaming

10 comments:

Jen Judd said...

Sometimes it's the little things that help us smile, so I'm happy I could contribute a little bit to your hallway. :)

TesoriTrovati said...

What a great ornament! That Jen is just the bee's knees! I love the way her mind works! I would keep that out all year long too. In fact, that reminds me that I must be sure an pluck my ornament from the tree before it gets stowed away!
Hope your day is brighter, dear.
Enjoy the day.
Erin

Kathleen Lange Klik said...

What a beautiful ornament. I love the crochet design and the spiral is a gorgeous and artistic finishing touch. Wonderful decor piece!

T... said...

oh how pretty. love that shade of purple with the silver....

Bits of Learning said...

Rebecca, I just want to say that it has been such a pleasure getting to know you over the past year! I'm so glad that you were able to participate in the hop and your ornaments pictured on Jen's blog are beautiful! Both your ornament and Jen's are prefect year round decor!!

Have a wonderful New Year!!
Sally!

jessememan said...

ooh, so pretty! Love that lavendar color...worth the wait :)

Christine Altmiller said...

rebecca, what you received is so pretty and such a wonderful everyday ornament...certainly not just for the holiday season! very cool!
what you made is beautiful and bright and earthy and just everything wrapped into one. i love the pearl you added. it seems to make everything pop even more. i hope 2012 is a good year for you :-)

SoulsFireDesigns said...

What a lovely ornament she sent you :) And the lovelies you sent her are just delicious! You are such a wonderfully talented lady, Rebecca, I always look forward to your blog and am eager to see what the new year brings for both of us.

SO sorry for the loss of your sweet pet, I know how hard that is. ((HUGS)) Sending you many hugs and warm thoughts across the many miles!

CraftyHope said...

WHat a great ornament you received. I like that it's something you can keep up all year long and not just put out for Christmas. Very cool!!

My Life Under the Bus said...

It's even more awesome that you can leave it out all year. I put mine in my craft room! XOXO

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails