Saturday 28 January 2012

A Yellow Necklace!

The title says it all! Two jewellery hurdles for me - necklaces and the colour yellow - in one piece. Really, the title should be THE Yellow Necklace, as it may well never happen again ;-) I've had the Jade Scott focal for about a year and finally decided to put myself on the line and USE IT. You know when you're afraid that the piece of jewellery won't be as beautiful as the component? I've had that fear with the love letter for a good while. In fact, I have it with many of my hoarded art beads....but I decided to throw caution to the wind, use it with other art beads (lampwork leaf headpin - Jenni Connolly; lampwork disc Gardanne Glass; verdigris clasp - MissFickleMedia) and embrace the yellow! What do you reckon? I'm pretty pleased with it, partly because it tackles lots of my personal creative fears.

How about you? What colours/styles are your stumbling blocks? Do you battle with them or just ignore them?

Happy weekend!

9 comments:

KJ said...

I do not care for orange or purple but I work with both.

I tend to save my precious beads until I can dream the perfect piece for them. Or because I am afraid I might never find a bead like that again so I want to be sure the finished piece is again perfect.

aneri_masi said...

Thats a pretty pretty necklace!

I have a mental block against bracelets. One of these days....I will face my fears and make one!

Mary Ann Tate said...

Yellow and orange are two colours I rarely use in anything I make.

Malin de Koning said...

The necklace is beautiful. Very nice combo of colors, shapes, textures, beads and components.

I guess I rather enjoy to battle them. The stumbling blocks. If I get to choose the time and the setting.

Terri said...

It's the perfect shade of yellow and how you assembled it really works with the focal!
Yellow is a tough color for me to create with too. I've done one bracelet and one pair of earrings...but I have something in the works and you have inspired me to push ahead with it!
TFS!!!

lynsey said...

Rebecca this is a really pretty piece. I too struggle with yellow, I don't think I've ever used it, so I applaud you for having a go.

Fi said...

I struggle with asymmetry. I really admire they way you put beads together. I need you to teach me!

Rebecca said...

Thanks ladies! terri, That's great! I am glad my efforts have inspired yours :-) I've gone on and made a partially yellow ring and another necklace in yellow this week so I am proving to myself that yellow is not a one trick pony! It is challenging though. 

Rebecca said...

test

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails