Welcome to Lorelei's latest challenge! Anyone who reads this blog knows that I love a challenge....but probably also that I am great at leaving these things til the last minute. I sat down to create yesterday but by the time I'd finished, it was dark outside. And today, I woke up to more darkness - a rainy, gloomy day. So you'll have to excuse some of the pictures - I'm not happy with them, and hope I'll maybe manage some better ones over the weekend so that I can list them in my shops.
Here's the materials we had to work with:
Fun lucite, acrylic and resin components to work with - a mixture of new and vintage. Very different from my usual materials - but the colours! The colours were pure Songbeads.
I actually started working on these projects a few weeks ago, but the ideas I had just didn't work. These plastic components are very light, but not quite as light as I had thought - it took me a while to get used to working with these different materials but yesterday it all seemed to flow pretty well.
First up, a sweet pendant necklace. I layered lampwork discs and a tiny Czech glass flower on top of one of the resin flowers, and then added a spotty glass rondelle stacked on a faceted czech glass rondelle.
I used one of the buttons as clasp. I like to use hooks when using larger buttons as closures - slips easily round the shank of the button, and is more secure than a big loop when the clasp is at the back, in my opinion.
A fun pair of earrings - but they didn't photograph well.....I'll try again when the day is a happier one!
Next, some knotting - you knew I couldn't stay away from the linen cord(!) - combining the lucite orange slabs with some cool polymer from BeadsByEarthTones, and some petite czech glass rondelles. Very different to my usual style but I really like it!
Lastly, I tried a bit of ladder stitch with the barrel beads. Some orange cord this time, and I added a ceramic leaf from Kylie Parry, and instead of knotting to finish, added a couple of czech glass flowers to the cord ends.
A great challenge and I am so pleased with the results! Thanks Lorelei and The Beadin' Path.
You can find the list of others taking part on Lorelei's blog.