Sunday 23 May 2010

Lampwork Sunday


Well, it turned out to be slightly less lampwork and slightly more sitting drinking vanilla milkshake in the sunshine today! We've had an absolutely gorgeously, wonderfully hot day in Manchester - real holiday weather! I don't want to get too excited as it may well not last but today was glorious whatever happens the rest of this week.

Here's what I did come up with. Slightly erm, interesting photos...it was still very light outside but somehow my wee camera didn't agree, and I've had to fiddle like mad on iphoto!



Gemstones, freshwater pearls, Czech and Swarovski crystal

I haven't quite brought myself to break up Loupiac's beads of yesterday's post but I have broken into my second Alison Davies set from the recent Beads Up North fair. They are AMAZING. Alison even told me herself that she almost didn't put them up to sell as she was so fond of them! Needless to say, I'm glad she did. The photo that you reach on Alison's site if you click here is much better than mine but still doesn't show quite how pretty they are - they are lighter and softer and more magical somehow.



Like I said, not my best pictures but I hope you can see just how lovely the beads would look if I had a good picture of them! And how sweet is the wee honey bee charm? Very cute I think. AND look at the sheen on that stick pearl! They are gorgeous! Check them out here. Well worth the money for a very generous strand - I used them in my Beach Bride set too and still have SO many left over. A little goes a long way with a stick pearl I think.

On another note, what do you think of my new font? I think I am a fan - a bit retro, like my Granddad's old typewriter. I'll have to see how it looks when I click 'Publish Post'...

*** PS Hey! I really like it! I think it's a keeper! ***

1 comment:

Heidi Post said...

I love this! Just clicking through your You might also like: widget, and loving your stuff :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails