Friday 14 May 2010

Mum's Bracelet

Yesterday I went on a quick trip with the BBC to London - down to St Martin-in-the-Fields to sing for Ascension Day, broadcast live on Radio 4 last night. It's probably on the BBC's Listen Again application - we were singing some really lovely music; Vivaldi's Gloria and a couple of other short pieces. The Gloria is a very popular piece and so over played that sometimes it's hard to get excited about singing it, but it was presented in such a way that we (the choir) all agreed that we really heard it for the first time in years! It's a great work and well worth a listen.



I'm back in Manchester again now so thought I'd show you a couple of pictures of what I got up to on the train down. I have decided (rather belatedly!) to make my Mum a birthday bracelet. I don't even think she knows what a blog is, never mind that I have one, so I think I'm safe to show off these photos here!!



It's obviously not done yet - I have ordered some chain from Palmer Metals not 10 minutes ago- but I made a good start. My Mum is normally a blue person but she also really likes (and suits) delicate spring pinks and purples - any colour you get a Sweet Pea in, Mum looks good in! I got the beautiful lampwork beads from Alison Davies at the recent Beads Up North fair a couple of weeks ago. I've paired it with some sterling silver and some cute garnet buttons from Etsy, which are actually a bit pinker in real life and VERY sparkly!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails