Tuesday 12 October 2010

A surprise competition!

I'm in a competition! I was reading one of my regular blogs, Jo of Daisychain Designs, who posted that she was in a competition...and guess what, so am I! It's Bead and Beyond Magazine's Jewellery Maker of the Year competition and apparently us designers have been nominated by the readers - I'm so very touched! Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you'll see both mine and Jo's names down there at the bottom. It's such an honour to be included in the list of nominees - very talented designers, every one. I'm going over there now to check out the readers' entries - it looks like there's some really stunning work there. The new issue of Beads and Beyond will be coming out soon and I have to say, I'm really excited about seeing my newest design - it's one of my favourites which I'm sure you'll understand when you see the colour scheme! In the meantime, here's the main project from my most recent article in the current issue, High Tea.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! Thank you for all of your kind comments on my blog, so glad you like the tea cosies- tea is very important after all. In fact I was thinking of embroidering one with 'bread and water can so easily be toast and tea' which I quite agree with!

Congratulations on your nominations in the beady world, clearly you deserve the recognition, you are most talented! I am enjoying your blog too, and will keep coming back... x

Jane Lock said...

I've already voted for you ;)

Rebecca said...

Aw, thanks ladies!! x

Cindy said...

Rebecca, congratulations! What an honor for both you and Jo!! I went to our local bookstore the other day and did not see the current issue of Beads & Beyond so I'll be on the lookout. You two are amazing and have such original pieces in just about every issue! Your new necklace is dainty and just so pretty!

Rebecca said...

Thanks so much Cindy for your lovely comments! Yes, I am chuffed to bits to be nominated and to be in such great company :-) 

Jo said...

That is such a pretty necklace Rebecca! Congratulations on your nomination!
Jo x

My Life Under the Bus said...

OMG !!! I just bought this magazine just for looking at this very necklace - I thought the colors were so pretty !!! Small world. Yeah for you - good luck I will go and vote for you too : ) Thanks so much for stopping by and your kind words : D Patty

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails