Saturday 9 April 2011

Blissed Out Challenge

The German bead babes Janna, Stefanie and Nicki are hosting their first challenge ever: Blissed out by your favourite song. 12 bead artists have created a piece of jewellery based on their personal favourite song. There were no other rules but to blog about the piece, and share your excitement about the favourite song. Today is the big reveal day, so have fun looking at what we all made, and leave us a comment if you’d like. You will find the links of all bead babes below.
Janna, Stefanie und Nicki veranstalten ihre allererste Challenge:
„Blissed out by your favorite song”, was soviel heißt wie “glückselig - oder auch inspiriert - durch dein Lieblingslied”. 12 Kreative haben ein Schmuckstück kreiert, das auf ihrem Lieblingslied basiert. Abgesehen davon,  dass wir über unser Schmuckstück bloggen sollten und dabei auch  erzählen sollten, was wir an dem betreffenden Song mögen, gab es keine Regeln. Heute ist der große Tag, an dem wir alle unsere Stücke zeigen, also viel Spaß beim Entdecken – und über ein Kommentar von Euch würden alle Teilnehmer sich natürlich sehr freuen! Die Links zu allen Teilnehmern findet Ihr unten.

SO, I hope readers don't mind but I will do the rest of this post just in English! My German is so much poorer than my German friends' English unfortunately!

Without further ado.....here's my piece! 'Defying Gravity' from Wicked. 



Now I have to admit, I cheated just a little...I LOVE Defying Gravity....but I wouldn't say it's my absolute favourite song....it was just one that I felt I could make a piece of jewellery based on. And actually, it's based on one of the two characters that sings this duet - Elphaba. She's green.....



I've used a number of art 'beads' in this piece - 3 beautiful sunbaked lampwork beads from Lush Lampwork,



 some Water and Wood chain from MissFickleMedia 



and a cool lampwork headpin from Kerry Bogert




Yes, you may have seen a sneak peek on my BTW this week...!


Here's a list of all the other bead babes participating - make sure you check out their blogs too! 



5. Rebecca (you are here!)


And a massive thanks to Stephanie, Janna and my original bead soup swap partner, Nicki for organising their first ever challenge - please organise another one soon!


19 comments:

Third Eye Gypsy said...

This is GORGEOUS! I love it!

I wish I would have heard about this because our friends band www.askyouingray.com has been my favorite band lately and I was inspired to make a piece based on a line from one of their songs!

Nicki said...

Rebecca, I really love this. So wonderful - I am sure it wear wonderfully. I need to finish mine this morning - yes, always behind, so I will post a bit later today. Thanks for playing.

steufel said...

Oh Rebecca - love, love. love it! My favorite color, but you know that. Thanks so much for playing along - it is an honor.

Doris said...

sorry, but my english is too bad, so i say it in german:
was ist das für ein tolles grün - absolut fantastisch, so wie das ganze Armband - es passt perfekt zu dem song.

Grüßle
Doris

Fundstücke said...

Wouw so wunderfull, it is absolut amazing braclet....i love it very mutch!!!
LG Karola

EB Bead and Metal Works, LLC said...

Gorgeous! The colors are awesome and I love all the different components and how you combined them together!

Lutka And Co. said...

Rebecca,

I like Elphaba too! Very nice bracelet!

Linda

Perlendistel said...

how beautiful! I abselutly like this color!

Greets from Germany
Saskia

Palimpa Lim said...

Rebecca, this is georgeous! A great song choice and the perfect interpretation. I love the colours, they are amazing, and all the components you have chosen are so precious and beautiful. A stunning piece!!!
Thank you SOOOOO much for participating, Rebecca! Such a pleasure and privilege!
Janna

CraftyHope said...

Oh, this is just beautiful!

Defying Gravity is one of my favorite songs too. Probably not my exact favorite either. . .but definitely a GREAT song!
Beautiful work!

berit.borchardt said...

I love these colors. Looks perfect for the summer. Such a nice piece! Berit

Niky Sayers said...

A really beautiful bracelet and such lovely colors!

Pretty Things said...

That is soooo pretty!

stregata said...

Totally in love with the colour of this piece!

My Life Under the Bus said...

My favorite combination of teal and copper - woos me everytime - Gorgeous!!!

Blacklady said...

Hi,
great work. i like it.
greetings
karin

GlassBeadArt said...

This is a really pretty bracelet: some of my favorite colors, it makes me think of summer.

Jen Judd said...

It's gorgeous! I love that you described that lampwork as "sunbaked" because that's so perfect. Now I feel like running down the beach and getting sunbaked myself. :)
Jen

Cory said...

Love, love, love everything about this bracelet. The beads are yummy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails