Sunday 24 April 2011

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter everybody or happy sunny (hopefully) weekend if Easter isn't your bag! I'm in Whitby (North Yorkshire coast) 


at my family-in-law's, enjoying some lovely sunny weather and celebrating that my brother-in-law has just got engaged to his very lovely Floridian girlfriend. Ian and Laura are a fab couple and we're so thrilled for them :-) 

This morning, some of us went out for a walk on the beach, with the objective of looking for some rocks and/or driftwood for my jewellery shots. 


There wasn't loads of wood (although we found a lovely piece which will be great once it's been dried out) but we found some really cool rocks. I can never resist sticking my feet in the sea when I am near the sea but my goodness, the North Sea is bloody cold!! 




Enough to make your feet sting, if you know what I mean. I am a complete water baby and always run and jump into pools and the sea but not this one! It hurt my tootsies.

When we got back to the house I took some shots straight away with the dry rocks (I picked up about six rocks - not so much scope for finding such things back in Manchester!) and I think they are going to work pretty well. The rocks have a nice, matt surface, pretty flat but with some interesting ridges and for bracelets especially they are perfect. 



We also found a cool piece of slate-like material (can't remember the proper name) with loads of holes in it which I have a feeling may be awesome for earrings....fingers crossed! It's still quite damp and dirty so that'll have to wait for another day. 

In the afternoon, after an amazing roast dinner we headed out to a nearby river where you can rent a boat and go rowing - so fun!(really wanted to write "Such fun!" anyone else watch Miranda?!) 



I hadn't done anything like that for years, it was so sunny and peaceful and beautiful. There were some gorgeous wee lambs and their parents by the side of the river which I managed to snap. 



We've had gorgeous weather all week and I'm just hoping it will hold. Sometimes it feels like we in the UK get a week of sunshine and that's our lot for the year. I'm holding out for a proper summer! 

This has been a photo-tastic post but I'm going to leave you with a few photos of some jewellery I made whilst in Spain. I was so inspired by the sparkling blues, aquas, teals, greens around me....totally my colours anyway so being surrounded by them all the time was wonderful. I'm going to gradually load them into my Folksy shop but if you would like one and don't have a Folksy account, just drop me a line.


Water Flowers



Unnamed as yet....any ideas???!










Well done if you've made it to the end of this post! As a thank you, I'm going to have a small give away....the best type - a mystery grab bag of beads. It will contain Art Beads! Czech glass! Gemstones! Crystal! Ribbon! Phew, are you excited? I'm excited to make it up for you. Just leave me a comment, perhaps with a name suggestion for my dotty lampwork bracelet above, and I'll draw a name next Sunday. 

10 comments:

Shyme said...

a name suggestion: Water Lily :)

lynsey said...

Oh Rebecca They are all beautiful!!!
i was thinking "Calypso",as a name for your bracelet, she was the sea Goddess in 'Pirates of the Caribbean'
You look like you had a lovely time. Happy Easter.

Cindy said...

What a beautiful Easter Sunday....filled with many great sites and so glad you shared the photos! Just look at all of those varied stones - I would have loved to search the sand for a few of those! And the sweet lamb that you saw - really a poetic setting. To top it off, you shared such pretty new jewelry pieces. What a great post, Rebecca!

Nic :) said...

Wonderful pictures,a dn fabulous creations.
x

LUCY said...

Original y precioso color....

Malin de Koning said...

And a very Happy Easter to you too!
(A little late I know)

Anja said...

Your new braclets remind me at the two I have from you I only can say you they are one of my favorites, love to wear them. Happy Eastern to you!

Do Be Do Bead Do said...

I was thinking dew drop... love your work. My fingers are crossed for the win!

Third Eye Gypsy said...

What beautiful photos! I love the jewelry you created as well. Looks like you had a lovely trip :)

steufel said...

Oh rebecca, your easter weekend seem to have been perfect. Thanks for sharing. And the colors of your new work are incredible. Those water colors are amazing. Love them ALL!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails