Sunday 25 September 2011

Alpine Alpacas

I promised some pictures of Switzerland to Heidi (how appropriate!) once the Bead Soup Madness had somewhat subsided (only somewhat, mind - I'm still trawling the blogs myself! Many, many to go......Check out my bead soup post here). And whilst I am still intending to do that soon (we were staying in the alps and honestly, it is ridiculously beautiful there), here's a wee video to give you a taste of what we saw from our chalet every day. Down the mountain a matter of metres, two alpacas and two goats were herded. We never saw any people with them; they were in a pen linked to what looked like a very small chapel. We almost drove past them every day on our way from the nearest town, Illanz, back to our chalet  in Valata (really a hamlet). We exclaimed over how very cute they were and so one day, we took the minor detour to visit them. Very sweet animals and breathtaking views, I'm sure you will agree. Starring me, Helen, my Mum and my sister.

5 comments:

SoulsFireDesigns said...

Aww, they are so cute! It looks like you had an amazing time!

Heidi Post said...

Awww, they were so cute! I love the goats' bells ringing in the background the whole time. It's absolutely gorgeous with the Alps rising above the clouds in the back. I would love to visit there some day. I'm glad you posted that, and I can't wait to see the rest of the pics :)

Barbara said...

ooooh, so pretty! Love their little bells as well!

Lisa said...

That background was breathtaking! And, I love the black/white alpaca! Is this summer break from school for you? Vacation time? All I know is that I could completely relax looking at those mountains and clouds, and I'm really a beach girl!! Beautiful! Thanks!

My Life Under the Bus said...

Oh my that little goat face is the cutest thing ever!! I haven't forgotten about you I swear! I am doing my first show ever and now I am TERRIFIED!!!! I read about your Red Ridinghood necklace on Sally's blog so perhaps there is some hope?...sigh..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails