Saturday 11 June 2011

Some new jewellery...

Today has been a really lovely Saturday; for once neither myself nor Helen have had any work on and no hen-do or similar to set off to! A miracle, quite frankly. We've caught up with some of our friends who we've not seen for a woefully long time (months....we're bad friends!) and then went down to one of our local pubs which has lovely old weather-beaten benches - perfect for snapping jewellery in the summer - and took some pictures. Some new pieces - like this sweet bracelet featuring Gaea Cannaday clay, Humblebeads and some beautiful gemstones from PreciousSparkleBeads in beautiful Perth - deep purple amethyst and some highly unusual (and gorgeous!) Cape Amethyst smooth rondelles. 




I also made another few bracelets using some Floridity owls which I have been hoarding - some of my favourites and I'm pretty sad that Barbara doesn't make them anymore :-) Here's one of them - similar to one I sold round about Christmas. I used one in a necklace recently and I've used another in a cool bracelet I haven't decided whether to keep or sell yet.....I will share it here later on in the week. 


Wee Hootie (the II!)


And of course, the day wouldn't be complete without a turquoise bracelet....




Look at that delicious turquoise faceted round! I brought a strand back from Barcelona two years ago (two years! And I started this blog just after I got back from there. Can't believe it has been two whole years!). Love the mixture of gemstones and Czech beads I've used together here, perfectly complimented (I think!) by the Vintaj brass components. 


How's your weekend going? Sunshine with you? Fun plans? I hope so! x x x




11 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful beads, gorgeous pieces! I love the owl too!

Malin de Koning said...

You English and your pubs. Always a reason to go there :-)
It is something very special with your culture. And it's nice!

The English: pubs, cuppas and xenophobia. Ha ha! Better tell anyone reading this who don't know me, that I am married to an Englishman. I am Swedish myself. Of course neither you or Mark are xenophobic, but I've met them, oh I've met them. Marks drandfather never stopped calling me 'the foreign woman'. That was my name for him. He was a sweetie and said it in a loving way though.

So - wow! Beautiful pieces, all of them. Purpicious is wonderful. Aren't Gaea's facetted ones just the best. And I love your using of Floridity's owl this time also.

X

LUCY said...

Me gustan muchisimo estas piezas, son preciosas

steufel said...

Great stuff - especially the turquoise one, my fav - what else could it be:-)

Lois Moon said...

I love the tans and turquoise in the owl piece. Your postman must be very busy bringing you all these fab beads!

Courtney Breul said...

Beautiful pieces! I love purplicioius!

Barbara said...

Great work and I love that faceted ceramic bit from Gaea!

I still make the owls custom so if you're in need don't hesitate to ask ;)

xx.
b

lynsey said...

lovely pieces Rebecca

Green Shoot Jewellery Designs said...

Absolutely gorgeous, as always! I just got the new Beads & Beyond magazine, love your songbird necklace and also the simplicity of your hair grips, I'm going to have to try those out very soon.
Deb x

Unknown said...

Oh Rebecca I love your pictures so much! You really make your beautiful creations stand up and shout!

My Life Under the Bus said...

Turquoise knots!!! GORGEOUS!!!! Are you using your new camera? these pictures are awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails