Friday 14 October 2011

Tomorrow...

So, I'm here in Surrey (just outside London), sitting in my pyjamas in a wee single bed at a lovely, sweet b and b called Lilac Cottage. Why am I here? Well, tomorrow is The Big Bead Show at Sandown, and part of the show is the British Bead Awards. And....I'm a finalist! I've known for about a month now but have had to keep it all under wraps whilst the final judging was taking place. But, it's all done now - all that's left is the award ceremony tomorrow morning.

The best thing about these awards is that all of the finalist pieces form an exhibition which lasts for the day of the show. I was lucky enough to be a finalist last year as well and it was such a privilege to be part of the exhibition; to have my jewellery alongside so many other beautiful items. Whatever the outcome, tomorrow will be an exciting day for all the finalists, I'm sure.

Here are two pieces I have made tonight - warm, autumnal tones, ready for a craft show I'm doing back in Manchester on Sunday. Pretty raku houses from elukka.etsy.com.


***update 15.10.11 - 3rd place in seed bead category!! So chuffed :-) ***

11 comments:

Lisa said...

Big congratulations to you Rebecca! That's just awesome! Have fun tomorrow, and I hope you win many awards! Love your new pieces, too. You amaze me taking all your beads on your travels. :)

Gardanne said...

Congratulations Rebecca, keep us posted.

SoulsFireDesigns said...

Congratulations, Rebecca! That is fantastic! :) And those pieces you are working on are lovely! :)

Anonymous said...

Oooo exciting! Congratulations! Let us know how it goes :D

Green Shoot Jewellery Designs said...

Well done! Love the little houses and the bracelet you made too!
Deb x

Lorelei Eurto said...

Nice job!!
those houses are sweet! I have been wanting to order from Elukka but wasn't sure if it would take forever to get my order.

LUCY said...

Magnifico....

flameforcefive said...

Congratulations Rebecca!

My Life Under the Bus said...

YEah!!! Congrats Rebecca! Those tiny houses are fantastic as well!!! Such a sweet house warming gift they are adorable : )

Mary Harding said...

Congratulations Rebecca!! What a great honor and so well deserved!! Love those pieces with the little houses.

Heidi Post said...

Congrats again, and I am so loving the Elukka houses!!! That bracelet is to die for!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails