Friday 12 April 2013

My Bead Soup Blog Partner - Maryse Fritzsch-Thillens

Yes yes, I KNOW.....my reveal is tomorrow.....but it's better late than never to share with you my delicious and nutritious bead soup that came all the way to me from Luxembourg weeks ago, surely?!

I was lucky enough to end up with a particularly fabulous partner this time around - Maryse Fritzsc-Thillens of Glass Bead Art. Maryse makes the most beautiful handmade lampwork beads, as you can see here. And she was amazingly kind - she didn't just send me one bead soup, but two! How am I ever to choose? (And admission here.....I will be making my jewellery tomorrow....or is that today as I'm typing this post after midnight.....?!) 


Lovely lampwork in my absolute favourite shades, along with some gorgeous sterling beads, which I have a sneaking suspicious may well be getting a liver of sulphur bath and a buff with renaissance wax as my first plan of attack.....


and this absolutely stunning clasp, which Maryse was so generous to give to me in our swap. She wrote to me that she had had it for some time and that she felt it needed just the right, special project.....eek! I hope I can do her justice!


Close up on my turquoise bead soup....


Close up on my seagreen opal bead soup....

Some tasty extras that Maryse threw in!

And one other thing that Maryse tucked into my package which I can't share a photograph of as they are LONG gone.....a packet of bunny treats! Yes, Maryse and I both have floppy-eared friends who live in our houses :-) My bunnies snaffled up the lovely (if the speed at which they disappeared is anything to go by...!) treats super quick. 

Thank you Maryse! I am really looking forward to seeing what you (and I!!) come up with for Saturday.

4 comments:

Mags said...

Another lovely soup :-D I have used Marise's charming beads in many pieces of my jewelry, love them! I'll be back to see what you create - p.s. I also loved your soup to her!

scotknit said...

Ah! Those colours are to die for! Absolutely the best!

Adaptable Kay said...

What a very thoughtful and absolutely gorgeous soup you were gifted! I actually finished up a pair of earrings today and wrote up my blog post so you're not alone in being last minute. LOL

Michael and Cherrie Fick said...

Love these beads. Right up my alley. Rich!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails